17 March, 2011

Bulletin !

J'ai reçu mon troisième bulletin aujourd'hui, et je suis contente. :) J'ai réussi dans tous mes courses !

I received my third report card today, and I'm content. :) I passed all of my classes!

Mes résultats:
My results:

Religion: 16/20
Education Physique: 14/20
Histoire: 10.5/20
Anglais: 18/20
Sciences Sociales: 16/20
Sciences: 12.5/20
Géographie: x/20
Français: x/20
Mathematique: x/20
Overall: 69%

I would like to stress that my overall score is good. There are Belgians whose scores aren't as high as mine. I'm immensely proud of the points I've earned here.


Two things to note here:

1. Any grade above 50% is passing, so yes, I am passing History, despite my 10.5.

2. I didn't get a grade in French, Géo, or Math because I don't do the tests in those classes. I'm not really sure what's going on in math (we've had 2 teachers, and now all the students are "en stage" which means an internship of sorts, until the end of April), I take notes but canNOT seem to follow along in Géographie (besides, my teacher doesn't even know my name. He's called me Clara once and Emma twice. The most recent time? Today. I wrote my name in giant purple letters on a piece of paper and held it up for him to see. We'll get to being invisible in another post, okay?), and I tried doing some work in French, but my teacher didn't bother to give me any points. If you will grade my work and write "Useless" and "sense? sense? sense?" all over it, but you won't bother to give me any credit for it, then sorry, I'm not going to work for you anymore. Fair?


I did receive a rather lovely note at the bottom in the comments section:

Le conseil de classe te rappelle que tu es ici pour t'investir dans TOUS les cours. Nous comptons sur toi.


English: The (equivalent of) homeroom teacher would like to remind you that you are here to invest in ALL of the classes. We are counting on you.


See point number 2 above.


My point? You're not counting on me if you don't know my name, and you're not counting on me when you don't give me points.



I showed my host parents my bulletin today, and they were very pleased. My host mom kept saying "Tu as des bons points !" (You have good points !). She told me to keep my bulletin downstairs to show my host dad after dinner, but be ready, he was going to tease me and tell me they were bad points. Sure enough, when I pulled it out, he told me to kneel down on the floor while he went over it. (It was funny, I promise). The first thing he said was "Religion. Only 16? What is this?!" He was giving me a hard time when my host mom ran into the dining room, waving a dish cloth and a plate in the air crying': "And how many points did YOU get in Religion, huh?!?!?! Let's go pull out YOUR old bulletins and show those off!" My host dad's response: "Chuuuut. Go back in the kitchen."

***I would like to point out that this was a joke and that he was *not* being serious.***

Then he told me that he completely and totally flopped Religion and was going to have to retake his rhéto (flunking senior year) but he passed some test and was allowed to finish school.



They both seemed pretty proud of me, and I'm proud of myself. I've gone from being completely lost and confused to understanding everything around me and doing well on tests.

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!



1 comment: