04 April, 2011

When in Belgium...

Do as the Belgians do!

I've done many things here that I've never done before. I was thinking about that today as I perused other exchange student blogs, so I decided to make a list of new things I've done here. I do love lists, don't I? So. Let us begin.

1. ridden a train
2. taken public transportation by myself
3. used public transportation consistently
4. ordered an alcoholic drink at a bar (this is Belgian custom, NOT me breaking the rules!)
5. applied and been accepted to college
6. gone biking in gym
7. done rock climbing in gym class
8. eaten caviar
9. eaten potatoes. every. single. day.
10. learned to make a kiwi/mozzarella dish that is TO DIE for.
11. had a big brother (and a little one)
12. gone to a non-pro hockey game
13. seen a live comedy show (thanks Madame Gallo!)
14. touched the sea!
15. seen the films A Clockwork Orange, The Sixth Sense, and Mar Adentro (if you haven't seen it, WATCH IT. In the original Spanish, with your native language subtitles)
16. met someone who has never seen (and doesn't like) the Lion King
17. seen the location of the battle of Waterloo, where Napoleon failed
18. eaten rabbit/hare
19. eaten mussels
20. danced the rock
21. been to the following countries:
1. Belgium
2. England
3. The Netherlands
4. Germany
5. Luxembourg (which is technically a duchy, but it still counts)
6. France (I've only driven through it, but I'm going back in a few weeks, so it counts)

Coming soon!
7. Greece
8. Italy (driving through)
9. Czech Republic




I'm stoked. :)

I'm sure there are many more, but for the moment, that's my list.

1 comment: