22 November, 2010

FOOTBALL!

We just got satellite tv installed today. Normally, this wouldn't matter to me, as I don't watch tv here anyway. But tonight, I was up here in my room watching The West Wing on my computer, and Amaury came running up the stairs yelling, "Mikayla, football americain!" They found football. On tv. Here. In Belgium.



I think I almost knocked the poor kid over in my mad rush to get downstairs as fast as possible.





I smashed into the living room to discover Arnaud holding the remote watching the Giants v. Eagles game. Granted, neither one of them comes close to the awesomeness of the Pack, but still. Better than nothing. I watched with the two of them, and explained the rules when they got confused. I was rooting for the Giants (blasphemy, I know. But better than cheering for Michael Vick, right? How is he allowed to play football again?! He's a disgrace to humanity. But that's another blog for another time). Sadly, the Eagles managed to win. Ah well, c'est la vie. The Pack is 7 - 3 because we're freaking beasts, and we absolutely slaughtered the Vikings yesterday. Life is good.



One thing I noticed while we were watching the game:

I totally felt like I was part of the family. Like I was just watching a football game with my brothers. It was a really neat feeling, even though it's hard to describe. It was like I wasn't just the exchange student living there... I was actually their sister, they were my brothers, and we were just hanging out, like families do. It's definitely a memory I'll cherish.

3 comments: