12 November, 2010

Thanksgiving Pictures

All right world, here are the photos of the Thanksgiving Talia, Emma and I made for our host families. It was a LONG day -- we started cooking at about 1 and the party didn't finish until about midnight. Despite the enormous amount of work, everyone seemed to enjoy the food (the sweet potatoes were a big hit as well as the stuffing) and the pie was an interesting new experience for them as well. I'll post the story of the day later, as well as my stories from London. But for now, enjoy it visually. :)

Mikayla


Talia and I working on the sweet potatoes.

Of course, the vegetarian gets stuck making the chickens...


Melted butter, salt and pepper to rub on the chickens.


I don't remember what was going on at this point...


Emma's apples for her pie.


Emma, me and the bowl of stuffing.


Apple pie ready to go in the oven.


Our work space. It got a LOT messier than that.


We had leftover pumpkin pie filling, so we made little pumpkin pie cake things.


Rubbing the inside of the chickens with salt and pepper. The one I'm holding now became my chicken, the other was Talia's.


The chickens, in all of their chicken-y glory.


Pumpkin pie ready to be baked.


Stuffing the chickens. Amaury walked in while I was doing this, stared at me for about thirty seconds with eyes the size of saucers, and then ran out. He later told everyone that the stuffing was chicken excrement. Gotta love 11 year old brothers.


The chickens doing their thaaaang in the oven.


Apple pie.


Finished chickens. Mine was so beast it broke the string that was holding it together.


The finished table, right before we sat down to eat.


The dinner party.
Clockwise around the table:
Arnaud, M. Crismer (Emma's host dad), Anne-Michèle, M. De Wulf (Talia's host dad), Mme. Crismer (Emma's host mom), Etienne, Mme. De Wulf (Talia's host mom), Talia, Charles-Antoine (Talia's host brother), me

Not pictured: Amaury, Charlotte (Talia's host sister) and Emma (she was taking the picture)


Charles-Antoine, Talia, Emma, me, Arnaud


Etienne, Talia, Emma, Me, Anne-Michèle

Back row (l-r): M. De Wulf, Anne-Michèle, Mme. Crismer, Etienne, Mme. De Wulf, M. Crismer
Front row (l-r): Charlotte, Talia, Emma, me, Amaury

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking group of people and a delicious meal to boot! Can't wait for the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I don't like stuffing...it's fecal matter...ROFLMBO OMGosh, that is so priceless...

    The pumpkin pie looks delish!!! :D

    ReplyDelete