20 November, 2010

Harry Potter.

Tonight, I went to Liège to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I, with Amandine and Florian. And it was in ENGLISH. SO awesome. :)

Before the movie started, we walked around Liège, doing some shopping and searching for books for their TFAs (Travail Fin de l'Année -- basically a huge report on a subject of your choice). We then went to dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant. I had some sort of pasta with ham and a yummy cheese sauce. It was delicious.

After dinner was the moment of truth. Harry Potter. I won't give anything away, except to say that I LOVED it. It was extremely well done, in my opinion. It followed the book very well and had an excellent amount of suspense.

Sitting in the movie theater tonight, I thought about how lucky I am to have found my friends here in Belgium. I'm so fortunate that I was lost and confused my first day, and that Fabiola found Amandine and asked her to show me around. It was the start of a great friendship. And Florian pretty much rocks my socks. I can have Harry Potter discussions in French, which I definitely enjoy.

At lunch on Friday, Manon handed me a card. My Belgian friends had all written birthday messages to me on the inside. It is one of the most beautiful things I've ever received, and I will keep it forever. Words cannot describe how much that card means to me. It's hard to describe, but I hope I've been able to convey some sense of how I feel about it. This is really just a thank you to my friends here. Thank you for accepting me, for showing me around the school, for correcting my French and helping me learn, and letting me copy your notes. I'd be lost without you.

Gros bisous,

Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment